Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Easy Orange cake





This is a very easy cake that my little sis-in-law, Manju gave me when she visited us in Chennai. It is very versatile and I feel confident enough to change the ingredients about according to my choice or availability of ingredients needed to flavour it.

And I made it in my rarely used food processor, so it took no time at all.

Sift together the ingredients

Flour - 200 gms
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda   - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder - (Optional) - 1/2 tsp

Keep this aside.

In the food processor, add

Sugar - 175 gms (then powdered)
Butter - 100gms (unsalted, melted)
Eggs - 2
Orange zest - of 1 orange
Orange juice - 1 and 1/2 tbsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

Now lid on and process till everything mixes well.

Slowly start adding the sifted dry mix till the batter is smooth and mixed through.

Preheat oven. Bake in an 8 inch greased tray , at 160 C for 40 minutes in a Convection oven.


I decorated the cake with some shaved chocolate truffles before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment