Friday, September 12, 2008

It is ONAM


A very HAPPY ONAM to all keralites and everyone else who would love to join this special festival...

This is going to be yet another short post since I have an ONASADYA (feast) to prepare...Details later...

Anyway, with my folks still in Kerala, with loads of relatives and having a grand Onam, am feeling a bit homesick and nostalgic about the good old days when each home seemed to be bursting at the seams with people...

The best thing I like about kerala is it's lushness and greenary, though it has reduced considerably in the last decade.. Whenever we were back from a vacation, the first thing to indicate that we were back in Kerala would be the glimpse of coconut palms and green fields, and however sad u felt that vacation was over, that sight would never fail to sooth..

And here is a picture from this trip to illustrate that point...great..isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Swapna. I big thank you for doing such a wonderful job with this blog.

    I have finished doing my review and I'm pleased to let you know, "Crafts and Cooking" has been added to the Blogging Women directory.

    Please continue your good work as I look forward to reading your new post.

    ReplyDelete