Friday, October 24, 2008

View from my kitchen window - # 3



The advent of Diwali, or Deepavali which means (deepa - light, vali - array) the array of lights. This is symbolic of Rama, the epitom of Goodness vanquishing the darkness spread by the evil Ravana....

The buildings all around have been festooned with beautiful lights . It certainly does make cooking in my kitchen a great experience..

My baby girl just loves to watch the winking lights and keeps clapping her hands when they light up and then go out. The lights do gladden hearts and makes us feel considerably 'light'er in spirits.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree, here in America, when the Christmas lights go up, there's just something magical about it, especially at night, in the snow:)

    Found your blog via Entrecard, nice to meet you:)

    PS: I love the word, "festooned" lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. poppaaa...its too gud!!! the pix

    ReplyDelete