Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Slow progress...

Wow ... an entire month passed by, and a New Year started since my last post...

I hope all of you celebrated the New Year. Wishing a Happy and prosperous year ahead to all my friends and family.

The work on our home seems like an endless project on some days...but it is slowly taking shape... the pics i have were taken a couple of weeks back, and there has been a bit of progress hence, so I will be posting more pics shortly ....



The kitchen window with the wooden frame. This will be the dining area. I decided to confine my cooking area to the diagonal area . It will be an L-shaped kitchen and after so much planning and stream-lining, I hope that I have made enough space for all my stuff!!!



My favourite area...the bay window.. it connects to the kitchen so I maybe spending a lot of time here.




This is the walk-in wardrobe in the master bedroom. i am quite excited to see how it will all turn out. there is a loft to store stuff and we plan to put in a few pull out shelves and lot of rods for the clothes. Haven't yet finalized the plan...

Since everything happens at snail's pace and I am kind of pre-occupied with the kitchen design right now ....

Have decided to go with a dark oak colour for the kitchen cabinets... which has always been my choice...no matter how much I try to change my mind, I finally stick with that ...so that is it ..!!

Now with the Pongal festivities this week, it will be another week of delay - all workers go to their native villages for the holidays.. this time, a legitimate excuse for the delay ...so the next stage may well get over only by the end of the month !!!


1 comment:

  1. I am sure your home will be worth all the efoort when ot is complete. I love your bay window, and the lush plants growing outside! I think I would sit there all the time! Happy New Year Swapna!

    ReplyDelete