The tips given below are found in our local publication calles 'Vanitha' and have been helpful in our family for atleast three generations.
Some are what we know already , some we may have forgotten and still others unheard of..so I thought I'd share these tips with you. Do let me know what you think ...
- To stop discoloration of brinjals/aubergines when cut, soak the pieces in water mixed with 1 tsp milk.
- To squeeze out that extra bit of lime/ lemon juice, immerse the lemon or lime in lukewarm water for 20 minutes.
- Before adding cashwew nuts to cakes or biscuits, soak them in a bit of milk. this will stop them from sinking to the bottom of the cake mix.
- Stains in tea/coffee mugs will disappear if dampened and scrubbed with table salt.
- Cut off the top of carrots and store them in a ziplock bag, in th evegetable tray to extend shelf life.