Monday, March 24, 2008

A handmade gift - Wall hanging


This is a gift I made for a friend...she had written this lovely prayer that had stuck in my mind ..so I asked her to write it down for me, and I got to work...

I crumpled up the cloth and dyed it.Next I gave a wide border, with rough edges..then I drew the sacred heart.

Gave a decorative outline for the heart and the prayer.

Pencilled in the prayer...I wish I were a better hand at calligraphy...but I do not have the skill or the patience...

waited 24 hours for the whole thing to set....
Ironed the painting on the opposite side

And Gifted it to my friend on Easter day...

It may be short on finish, but it has `heart' in abundance. What say you?

2 comments:

  1. i think i know who got this fabulous gift!! looks great and a handmade gift makes all the difference...so thoughtful swaps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anu,yeah you guessed right

    ReplyDelete