Let me know whether you agree or not ..:)
- The taste of any dal preparation (lentils) is enhanced with a few drops of lemon juice. Please note that a few drops mean just that, and not spoonfuls....
- Once rice is boiled, switch off, cover with a lid and leave it for 10 minutes...most rice like basmati, raw rice etc cook with that . In case it needs more cooking, a few more minutes should do. If you leave the rice boiling for a long time, more than likely it would overcook.
- Cook pasta and rice with atleast 1/2 tsp of salt to stop it sticking...
- Soaking dried pulses overnight will reduce cooking time more than half.
- Wash brinjal, lady's finger etc before cutting so they won't turn mushy when cooked.
- When frying fish, always add a bit of lemon juice to the marinade for better taste and smell.
- Try not to empty the mixer before switching it off. (Someone I know of, did this !!!)
- When making spicy curry, add a pinch of sugar to enhance the taste.
- Brown onions while cooking meat ....instead of just turning it soft and yellow...to get the dish taste it's best.
- Add at least 1 green chilli to dishes to increase the flavour.
- When preparing mutton, add 1/2 tsp of jeera (cumin) powder for better taste.
Will post more of these depending on your opinions...