Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A chicken pie


Wow.. I am sooo busy now-a-days that I did not realise it has been 5 days since I last posted.

This is something I made a week or so back. I made it the help of the wondorous creation called Aloo Mash..!! That is mashed potatoes in flakes ...

 Minced Chicken - 250 gms - hold it till last


Garlic - 3 to 4 cloves (chopped fine)
Onion - 1 large (finely chopped)
Tomatoes - 2 medium (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
Capsicum - 1/2 (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
Grated cheeses - 1 tbsp (I used cheddar)
Oregano - 1/2 tsp

In a wok saute all the ingredients from garlic onwards till oregano and finally add the minced chicken till all the water is absorbed and chicken is nearly done.

 To the mash, I added ,

Mash flakes - 1 and 1/2 cup
Chicken stock - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1 tbsp
Grated cheese - 2 tbsp
dried thyme - 1/2 tsp
Oregano - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Pepper - according to taste

Now in a baking tray, grease well and layer the minced chicken then add the mashed potatoes on top. Lightly brish the top with melted butter to brown the potato crust. Bake at 180 C for about 20 - 30 minutes. Serve hot with tabasco/ tomato sauce.




2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy Swapna. Definitely must share with hubby, who does all the cooking in my family:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I make a dinner reservation...looks good; though I admit I hate to follow a receipe...so I'll just bring a bottle of wine and come to your house. lol

    Sandy
    http://travelingsuitcase.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete