Thursday, August 6, 2009

Banana and Chickoo milkshake


This is one of my favourite milkshakes. I love the combination of Banana and Chikoo(Sapota). My brother and I used to go to a place in Ernakulam where they served the best milk shakes in the area.. their Sharja shakes were amazing, but in those days I could barely finish half of those really thick shakes served in huge beer mugs. And when I make milkshakes at home, I prefer them to be a little less thick.

The quantity given is approximate and you may increase or decrease any to make them according to your taste.

Banana - 1 (peeled and cut into quarters)
Chickoos - 5 to 6 (Cut in half, deseed and scoop the flesh out with a spoon)
Sugar - 1 tbsp (I used a little less)

In a blender, add the fruits and sugar and pulse 3 times. Now add.

Ice cubes - 4 to 5
Milk - 1 and 1/2 glasses (Boil the milk and refrigerate)

Blend well till the drink is smooth.

If you feel like it, add a scoop of Vanilla ice cream with the milk. Gives it a creamier texture. Serve immediately.


5 comments:

  1. Yummmy combo drink! But, where is the picture of the drink dear!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice combo. Dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog......
    really cool
    Funny Stuff | Funny Scraps
    A blog for all about humor and funny scraps….

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow....nice combo....love the flavour of chickoo in shake.....

    ReplyDelete