Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Great, untried recipes - Tini's cookies

Don't you have a collection of recipes that you have not made yourself, but know that they yield great results? ....I have!

This is one such recipe. I have tasted many variations on these cookies made by a very special friend Tini. They were so good, that I pestered her till she gave me the recipe. The ones I had had nuts in them and yet another time, with chocolate chips. And she does make the most fabulous cakes too...

I am not even mentioning the other dishes she makes!!! Since I am scared to bake, (never had anything to report but disasters !), I am more in awe of her baking skills.

so this is the basic recipe, on which one can add other ingredients to make variations. She is a certified dietician, so she makes all this food with healthy ingredients too..

Flour - 200 gms
Sugar - 100 gms
refined oil - 120 ml
Baking powder - 5 gms

Mix everything together, roll the cookie dough into balls . Grease the tray and place the dough with even spaces between, to let them expand.
place in an oven at 130 degrees, and stay near it to make sure they don't burn!

I did not take down the time, it is done in a few minutes and my OTG anyway has nothing in common with Tini's oven...

Anyway, I will definitely try my hand at baking...a s soon as I gather a bit of confidence!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey,

    drop me a line on onlineraga@gmail.com with your contact coordinates and I'll catch up with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome babe!! am glad you started baking!! good luck... why no pics??

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound great!! I think I'll give them a try..now just can't choose what I'll add...chocolate chips or apricot tiny flakes!!!!
    Yummy!!!!
    Thank you for the comment on my blog. It's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is so nice to know that there is another WONDERFULLY blessed, highly intelligent and beautiful person, such as myself, that cannot bake!!! LOL
    (now...hmmm who can I send this to, that would possibly make cookies for me?) LOL

    ReplyDelete