Friday, November 7, 2008

Mutton Meat balls (snack)



The meatballs were so fragrant and melt-in the mouth, that they could be eaten just fried, with a dip.

Minced mutton - 300 gms
Bread crumbs - 1/2 cup
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Dried oregano - 1/4 tsp

Heat a small wok / kadai and add

Oil - 1 tsp

Now saute
Onion - 1 small(chopped very very fine)
Garlic - 2 cloves (finely chopped)
Green chilly - 1 (finely chopped)
Celery - 1 stalk (chopped fine - may include leaves too, if fresh)


Add the sauted onions etc to the minced meat.
Add about 1 tbsp of grated cheddar (I used a cheddar-mozzarella mix)

Mix well, add salt to taste and roll into small lemon-sized balls.

I made spaghetti and meatballs, though it would be a stretch calling them balls since my daughter was a bit cranky and i rolled the balls with just one hand, while carrying her!!!

OOPS!!! I did forget to mention this and hadn't noticed it till my mom mentioned this.. shallow fry the balls. The outsides are crisp and the insides are tender and melt-in-your mouth.
And I did keep aside some of the meat mixture to make into Kebabs for another day...

4 comments:

  1. oh looks fabulous.... am passing this fwd to a friend who was looking for a good spaghetti and meat balls recipe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. the meatballs just looks so good. when i made spaghetti meatballs, i also ate the meatballs by itself off from sauce and spaghetti.

    i'd like to try your recipe and thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy! These look great, I wish I was a good cook. My hubby loves meat balls too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. u've got to make this for me sometime!

    ReplyDelete